This image of What Were Soup Kitchens During The Great Depression was published at May 2, 2017 at 2:21 am. This image is posted in the Kitchen category. What Were Soup Kitchens During The Great Depression is tagged with What Were Soup Kitchens During The Great Depression, What, Were, Soup, Kitchens, During, The, Great, Depression..
Whatwhat (hwut, hwot, wut, wot; unstressed hwət, wət),USA pronunciation pron.
- (used interrogatively as a request for specific information): What is the matter?
- (used interrogatively to inquire about the character, occupation, etc., of a person): What does he do?
- (used interrogatively to inquire as to the origin, identity, etc., of something): What are those birds?
- (used interrogatively to inquire as to the worth, usefulness, force, or importance of something): What is wealth without friends?
- (used interrogatively to request a repetition of words or information not fully understood, usually used in elliptical constructions): You need what?
- (used interrogatively to inquire the reason or purpose of something, usually used in elliptical constructions): What of it?
- how much?: What does it cost?
- (used relatively to indicate that which): I will send what was promised.
anything that: Say what you please. Come what may.
- the kind of thing or person that: He said what everyone expected he would. They are just what I was expecting.
- as much as;
as many as: We should each give what we can.
- the thing or fact that (used in parenthetic clauses): He went to the meeting and, what was worse, insisted on speaking.
- (used to indicate more to follow, additional possibilities, alternatives, etc.): You know what? Shall we go or what?
- (used as an intensifier in exclamatory phrases, often fol. by an indefinite article): What luck! What an idea!
- don't you agree?: An unusual chap, what?
who: She's the one what told me.
- Say what? (used esp. among teenagers) What's that you say? Would you repeat that?
- So what? (an expression of disinterest, disinclination, or contempt.)
- what have you, other things of the same kind;
so forth: money, jewels, stocks, and what have you.
- what for:
- why: What are you doing that for?
- a punishment or scolding.
- what if, what would be the outcome if;
suppose that: What if everyone who was invited comes?
- what it takes, something that enables one to achieve success or attain a desired end, as good looks, ability, or money: There's a young woman who has what it takes to get along in the world.
- what's what, the true situation;
all the facts: It's high time you told him what's what.
- the true nature or identity of something, or the sum of its characteristics: a lecture on the whats and hows of crop rotation.
- (used interrogatively before nouns): What news? What clothes shall I pack?
- whatever: Take what supplies you need.
- to what extent or degree? how much?: What does it matter?
- (used to introduce a prepositional phrase beginning with with): What with storms and all, their return was delayed.
- [Obs.]for what reason or purpose? why?
- (used in exclamatory expressions, often fol. by a question): What, no salt?
- [Older Use.]as much as;
as far as: He helps me what he can.
- but what, but that;
who or that … not: Who knows but what the sun may still shine.
Werewere (wûr; unstressed wər;
[Brit. also]wâr),USA pronunciation v.
- a 2nd pers. sing. pt. indic., pl. pt. indic., and pt. subj. of be.
Soupsoup (so̅o̅p),USA pronunciation n.
- a liquid food made by boiling or simmering meat, fish, or vegetables with various added ingredients.
- a thick fog.
- added power, esp. horsepower.
- developing solution.
- from soup to nuts:
- from the first through the last course of a meal.
- from beginning to end;
to a complete, encompassing degree;
leaving nothing out.
- in the soup, in trouble: He'll be in the soup when the truth comes out.
- soup up:
- to improve the capacity for speed or increase the efficiency of (a motor or engine) by increasing the richness of the fuel mixture or the efficiency of the fuel, or by adjusting the engine.
- to give spirit or vivacity to;
enliven: a political rally souped up by the appearance of the candidates.
Kitchenskitch•en (kich′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- a room or place equipped for cooking.
- culinary department;
cuisine: This restaurant has a fine Italian kitchen.
- the staff or equipment of a kitchen.
- of, pertaining to, or designed for use in a kitchen: kitchen window; kitchen curtains.
- employed in or assigned to a kitchen: kitchen help.
- of or resembling a pidginized language, esp. one used for communication between employers and servants or other employees who do not speak the same language.
Duringdur•ing (dŏŏr′ing, dyŏŏr′-),USA pronunciation prep.
- throughout the duration, continuance, or existence of: He lived in Florida during the winter.
- at some time or point in the course of: They departed during the night.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Greatgreat (grāt),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., n., pl. greats, (esp. collectively) great, interj.
- unusually or comparatively large in size or dimensions: A great fire destroyed nearly half the city.
- large in number;
numerous: Great hordes of tourists descend on Europe each summer.
- unusual or considerable in degree, power, intensity, etc.: great pain.
very good: We had a great time. That's great!
- being such in an extreme or notable degree: great friends; a great talker.
exceptionally outstanding: a great occasion.
highly significant or consequential: the great issues in American history.
famous: a great inventor.
- of noble or lofty character: great thoughts.
- chief or principal: the great hall; his greatest novel.
- of high rank, official position, or social standing: a great noble.
- much in use or favor: "Humor'' was a great word with the old physiologists.
- of extraordinary powers;
having unusual merit;
very admirable: a great statesman.
- of considerable duration or length: We waited a great while for the train.
- enthusiastic about some specified activity (usually fol. by at, for, or on): He's great on reading poetry aloud.
expert (usually fol. by at or on): He's great at golf.
- being of one generation more remote from the family relative specified (used in combination): a great-grandson.
- great with child, being in the late stages of pregnancy.
- very well: Things have been going great for him.
- a person who has achieved importance or distinction in a field: She is one of the theater's greats.
- great persons, collectively: England's literary great.
- (often cap.) greats, (used with a sing. v.) Also called great go. [Brit. Informal.]
- the final examination for the bachelor's degree in the classics and mathematics, or Literae Humaniores, esp. at Oxford University and usually for honors.
- the course of study.
- the subject studied.
- (used to express acceptance, appreciation, approval, admiration, etc.).
- (used ironically or facetiously to express disappointment, annoyance, distress, etc.): Great! We just missed the last train home.
Depressionde•pres•sion (di presh′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of depressing.
- the state of being depressed.
- a depressed or sunken place or part;
an area lower than the surrounding surface.
- a condition of general emotional dejection and withdrawal;
sadness greater and more prolonged than that warranted by any objective reason. Cf. clinical depression.
- dullness or inactivity, as of trade.
- a period during which business, employment, and stock-market values decline severely or remain at a very low level of activity.
- the Depression. See Great Depression.
- a low state of vital powers or functional activity.
- the angular distance of a celestial body below the horizon;
- the angle between the line from an observer or instrument to an object below either of them and a horizontal line.
- [Phys. Geog.]an area completely or mostly surrounded by higher land, ordinarily having interior drainage and not conforming to the valley of a single stream.
- an area of low atmospheric pressure.
The article of What Were Soup Kitchens During The Great Depression have 5 pictures , they are Unemployed Men Outside A Soup Kitchen Opened In Chicago By Al Capone, 1931., A Soup Kitchen During The Great Depression, 1933, Unemployment, The Great Depression, Soup Kitchens, Breadlines, New York, Big Al's, Kitchen For The Needy, Al Capone, Soup Kitchen, Chicago,, Pinterest. Below are the pictures:
One of the modern style but additionally odd toilet sink layout is a leaf- . This style seems really stunning when exhibited alongside. Double leaf leaves virtually resemble grapes that collapsed beautifully on your bathroom desk.
If you like blooms it is possible to and really should prefer a What Were Soup Kitchens During The Great Depression that is uneven. This fashion resembles a beautiful pretty bowl that is white with blossoms loving the bowl's very best area. It is installed easily underneath the table and seems very gorgeous.
When you have a visitor bathroom that needs a far more elegant touch, that is possibly just a sink for that room. With so many distinctive models as you are able to select, there must be function that suits you when creating a choice. But nobody says that bathroom remodeling that is successful will be a straightforward task.